--A video series teaching business communication skills for adult professionals.
John Hughes & Andrew Mallet
Oxford University Press, 2012
Successful Presentations in English is a video-led course with accompanying coursebook. It can be used in class, or for self-study.
Successful Presentations teaches students the skills they need for effective and confident communication in presentations in English. Successful Presentations guides the student step-by-step towards creating and delivering a successful presentation, from planning to conclusion. Video clips illustrate the skills in action. Specialist coach Andrew Mallett lends his expertise in presenting and in business communication to the series, providing expert analysis for each clip.
The communication skills taught in the video and accompanying tasks can help both native and non-native users of English with their presentations. The language exercises in the coursebook are suitable for learners of English of an intermediate level or above.
There are eight units which cover different aspects of the skill, such as preparing a presentation, using visual aids, and handling questions.
1. Preparing for a presentation
2. Structuring your presentation
3. Introducing your presentation
4. Delivering your message
5. Using visual aids
7. Handling questions
8. Bringing it alive!
- Business skills work combined with language work
- Every unit includes a section on the skill, a section on language work, and a productive task
- Expert commentary from business communication specialist Andrew Mallett
- Useful strategies and suggestions for the skills covered
- Eight reading texts summarize the main points of the unit at the back of the book
Content from the website: http://elt.oup.com/catalogue/items/global/business_esp/successful_series/9780194768351?cc=global&selLanguage=en